Apply For Resident Leader
The OneLife Institute invites applications for the full-time position of Resident Leader whose primary responsibility is mentoring 10-12 first year college students.
The mission of the OneLife Institute is to launch and develop servant leaders who live out their Christian faith in every area of life. OneLife is a 9-month, “gap year” program starting students on the right path as they enter their critical, young adult years.
OneLife students live in a Gospel-centered community where they grow in faith and biblical knowledge (developing a Christian worldview), learn practical life skills (time management, financial stewardship, fitness & wellness), travel domestically and internationally (service projects and short-term missions) and earn 30 college credits. The program has three locations:
OneLife @ Lancaster Bible College (Lancaster, PA)
OneLife @ Three Springs Camp (Morris, PA)
OneLife @ Southern Wesleyan University (Central, SC)
OneLife @ Spruce Lake Retreat/Pinebrook Camp (East Stroudsburg, PA)
The Resident Leader is primarily responsible for the discipleship of students. Resident Leaders live with the students and walk with them through the program. Resident Leaders are expected to be proactive and highly relational, taking advantage of both formal and informal opportunities to invest in the lives of OneLife students.
The Resident Leader will have a deep desire to see students grow in their relationship with God and knowledge of God’s Word. Words associated with a Resident Leader include: mentor, passionate, energetic, available, organized, and a team player.
- Facilitating regular one-on-one meetings with students
- Managing weekly schedule/routine
- Traveling with the group (domestic and international)
- Leading meetings and discussions as needed (Bible/book studies)
- Organizing group activities and events
- Promoting and encouraging students in life skills & character development
- Enforcing OneLife student behavioral policies
- Room and board for the academic year and all travel expenses
- Opportunities for graduate study
- Weekly stipend
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Mentoring experience in youth and/or college ministry